[scribus-dev] using ccache to speedup Scribus compile time?

Wayne DePrince Jr. waynedpj at in-giro.org
Thu Oct 29 01:30:36 UTC 2015

Il giorno mer, 28/10/2015 alle 19.18 +0400, Khaled Hosny ha scritto:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 09:53:48AM -0500, Kunda Loves Scribus wrote:
> > https://ccache.samba.org/
> > Does anyone use this? I encountered this on #Scribus IRC recently
>
> I use ccache by default for all my compilations. But it helps only
> when
> one is recompiling unmodified source files, e.g. make after make
> clean
> with little or no modifications to source files, otherwise it it
> might
> actually added a bit of overhead to the compilation process.
>
> Regards,
> Khaled

ditto here: i use ccache on my Gentoo box and it *seems* to speed up
things, though i hopefully am not compiling the same sources more than
once per version.  of course, when i was hacking on SVN versions of
Scribus, i was re-compiling often and for this reason (along w/ other
programs being hacked) i installed ccache.

peace, w