[scribus-dev] Fix for broken hyphenation language selection

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 14:22:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Mikko Rasa <tdb at tdb.fi> wrote:

> I discovered a problem in Scribus 1.4.5 where the hyphenation language
> from the document isn't used after the document is loaded.  This is because
> ScribusMainWindow::loadDoc calls doc->setGUI - which creates the hyphenator
> - before the document is loaded.  At that stage the language will default
> to the global settings.  Furthermore, FileLoader::postLoad resets the
> hyphenator language to the document language *without reloading the dict*,
> leaving the hyphenator in an inconsistent state.
>
> As for why my global setting was incorrect, I got a new computer a while
> back and due to Debian's packaging didn't have the correct hyphen dicts
> installed at first.  I'm guessing the global setting has some kind of
> fallback in case the stored language isn't found on application startup,
> but I didn't delve into it.
>
> The attached patch fixes the document language problem by moving
> hyphenator creation to a later stage, after the language has been set up.
> I also took the liberty of removing the offending block of code in the
> beginning of postLoad since it seems redundant now.
>
> --
> Mikko

Thank you for the patch submission
Does this patch address any of the hyphenation issues that are open on the
bugtracker
http://bugs.scribus.net/search.php?project_id=1&search=hyphenation&sticky_issues=on&sortby=last_updated&dir=DESC&hide_status_id=90&match_type=0

Also can you reproduce the behavior on 1.5 or 1.5.1 ?

Thanks,
/Kunda