[scribus-dev] Issue#11772

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:38:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>
wrote:

> > On 13 Nov 2015, at 18:08, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/13/2015 10:39 AM, ibtisam al mabsali wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I think it's just not telling the open story
> >> editor about the new preferences.
> >>
> >> Craig
> >>
> >> Yes that what is I noticed, the preferences of SE are loaded during
> >> build gui when scribus starting and that is why the new prefs applied
> >> just after restart scribus.

> >> I'm thinking to make SE loads its preferences when open SE dialog, so it
> >> can get the new preferences.
> >>

> > I think maybe Preferences is not saving the settings until Scribus
> closes.
> > I tried this experiment:
> >
> > With no document open, I changed the SE font, "saved" the settings.
> > I opened a doc, made a text frame, and opened SE, where SE showed the
> > old font. SE found the old setting somewhere. AFAIK, there is no running
> > SE function until you open it.
> >
> > So the trick should be to get Preferences to save the setting when you
> > click Ok, not waiting until Scribus closes.
>

> I believe I have now fixed this.
>
> For reference, Story Editor is created when Scribus starts. Its always
> there, its just hidden.
>
> Craig

Thanks Craig! I confirm it's fixed!
I've created a child issue http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=13530
this addresses the fact that if settings are changed within the SE settings
that once those changes are applied SE exits immediately back to canvas and
one needs to re-enable SE to get back in to. It's low priority issue,
nevertheless, it seems like the right thing to do.

/Kunda