[scribus-dev] Issue#11772

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Nov 13 17:08:48 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 10:39 AM, ibtisam al mabsali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it's just not telling the open story
> editor about the new preferences.
>
> Craig
>
> Yes that what is I noticed, the preferences of SE are loaded during
> build gui when scribus starting and that is why the new prefs applied
> just after restart scribus.
>
>> Whats your plan to implement this ? Could you describe it verbally
>> before you submit a patch ?
>> And BTW, thanks for offering! :)
>>
>> /Kunda
>
> I'm thinking to make SE loads its preferences when open SE dialog, so it
> can get the new preferences.

I think maybe Preferences is not saving the settings until Scribus closes.
I tried this experiment:

With no document open, I changed the SE font, "saved" the settings.
I opened a doc, made a text frame, and opened SE, where SE showed the
old font. SE found the old setting somewhere. AFAIK, there is no running
SE function until you open it.

So the trick should be to get Preferences to save the setting when you
click Ok, not waiting until Scribus closes.