[scribus-dev] Bugs/Features that I'd love to see fixed/added (for those who are making patches)

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Nov 11 20:15:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:25:55 -0600
Kunda Loves Scribus <scribus.user at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > All the bugs that have been tagged 'workflow'
> > because of their timesaving potential when
> > working with Scribus.
> >

> > http://bugs.scribus.net/search.php?project_id=1&sticky_issues=on&sortby=last_updated&dir=DESC&hide_status_id=90&tag_string=workflow&match_type=0
> >

> Inspired by this tweet:
> https://twitter.com/theMaarika/status/664229965542592512
> /Kunda

In re bug 0012998 which deals with the choice of
the "save as" directory chosen:
I find in all versions a more serious flaw. If
from a console session when the current directory
is called "able" and the selection is "save" the
target directory defaults to my home directory.
This is NEVER the right choice. Instead if I
use "save as" then the current work directory,
e.g., "able" (the one where I started Scribus) is
chosen.

Either the "save" function should go to the
current work directory or the "save" function
should be deleted, since "save as" is the only
useful choice.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press