[scribus-dev] Edit Image Mode

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Nov 8 14:36:21 UTC 2015

On 11/08/2015 12:02 AM, Mazoon m wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com
> <mailto:gpittman at iglou.com>> wrote:
>

>     The other thing to fix is being able to enter Edit Contents mode using
>     the toolbar icon. You can do it by double-clicking the frame, but not
>     with the icon.
>
>     As far as right-clicking, you shouldn't have to be in Edit Contents mode
>     to bring up the context menu.
>
> ​umm, I'm afraid I don't understand ​what do you mean. I'm using
> 1.5.1svn and the icon for Edit Contents of Frame (E) is working fine
> (you can enter edit image mode by clicking on it).
>
> Maybe what we need to fix is to disable the icon when the image frame is
> empty? because now it enters edit mode even if there's no image.

When I tried this the other day, I couldn't get to Edit Contents mode
from the toolbar icon (I guess I was clicking the right icon -- these
new icons are taking some time to get used to).

I don't see any harm of entering Edit Contents mode when there is no
image. If you disable that, who knows what new problem will occur?

One nice thing is that, when you have an image, double-clicking brings
you into Edit Contents mode. If you have no image, double-clicking
brings up a file dialog to select an image -- this makes sense to me.