[scribus-dev] Windows - Replacing Shipped Python Interpreter

John Laurence Poole jlpoole56 at gmail.com
Sat May 30 22:24:32 UTC 2015

William, are you the one that builds the WIndows versions of Scribus that
are available for download?

My comment in the batch file is to alert the user to try and pick a release
of Python that matches the release used to build the interpreter, e.g. the
DLL, shipped with Scribus Windows 1.5.  I want to avoid a scenario where
someone links to their own version of Python that is incompatible with what
has been tested and approved for use with Scribus.

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 9:30 AM, William Bader <williambader at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > To: scribus-dev at lists.scribus.info
> > From: jluc at no-log.org
> > Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 18:05:45 +0200
> > Subject: Re: [scribus-dev] Windows - Replacing Shipped Python Interpreter
> >
> > Le 30/05/2015 17:05, John L. Poole a écrit :
> > > uses Python installed on the
> > > :: users system that matches the build of the Python interpreter
> > > :: shipped with Scribus rather than the Python Interpreter shipped
> > > :: with Scribus' build.
> >

> > > Before I go public with this on the Sribus Scripting wiki, I'd like to
> see
> > > if there are any objections or problems with this approach.
> >
> > Is your comment wrong or my understanding ? What is the difference :
> > - the Python interpreter shipped with Scribus
> > - the Python Interpreter shipped with Scribus' build.
> >
> > ?
> >
> > JL
>
> On my Linux laptop, "ldd /usr/local/bin/scribus | grep python"
> shows /lib64/libpython2.7.so.1.0
>
> "rpm -qa | grep python | grep devel" shows
> python-devel-2.7.5-16.fc20.x86_64
>
> "rpm -qa | grep '^python-2'" shows python-2.7.5-16.fc20.x86_64
>
> So my Scribus executable was built against python 2.7.5, it dynamically
> links to libpython2.7.so.1.0, and the python support files come from
> python-2.7.5.
>
> Is the comment asking about the Windows equivalent of updating the
> libpython2.7.so.1.0 DLL or of updating the python-2.7.5-16.fc20.x86_64
> package?
>
> William

John L. Poole

P.O. Box 6566