[scribus-dev] Cropping imported pdf images.

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Mar 31 17:27:43 UTC 2015

I have a situation where I can import pdf pages
from an earlier edition, crop off the unneeded
parts of the image, like the headline (title
changed) and tick marks,and edit occasional
text, for my current project. I also need to
change the text from blue to black. I can do all
this easily in Gimp but then I have a bitmap
file. 200 plus bitmap files will blow up the
file size unreasonably. So I have decided to
import only those pages that have illustrations on
them, and just crop the incoming pdf page file
on these. It would be very nice if I could do
the cropping and desaturation in Scribus. That
way I could retain the text for editing and save
a file that was vector in nature. But a true
cropping feature like Gimp has is not available.

Has anyone thought about providing a cropping
feature for Scribus comparable to what Gimp has?

John Culleton

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press