[scribus-dev] Building on windows

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Mon Mar 30 07:34:55 UTC 2015

 Although not high on my priority list, I would like to take on the
challenge and try to compile scribus on windows with mingw-32. I have
already all binary libraries used by scribus except from QT5.2. My plan
was to build QT on my own laptop and then copy all the required
libraries and header files to a separate library folder known to cmake.
However after a couple of hours building, the build process of QT stops
with a "no rule to make target". I must say that I have very little
belief that this route will succeed. My next step will be to install a
QT binary and use that.

My question here is, who is already building scribus natively on
windows? So far I have only seen suggestions to use either a virtual box
or develop on linux all together. Does this mean that scribus is
cross-compiled on linux?

Regards, Darius