[scribus-dev] scribus from command line

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 31 12:38:34 UTC 2015

From: berteh at hotmail.com
To: scribus-dev at lists.scribus.net
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:48:54 +0200
Subject: [scribus-dev] scribus from command line

Hello.

First of all thanks to all contributors to Scribus: you created a great piece of software.

I'd like to ease the integration of Scribus in automated workflows, and would therefore like to get better command line support... i.e. to export sla to pdf in a headless setting, and concatenating a few sla files with similar page layout.

I currently use the script interface to do these actions, but it's quite slow when the number of files increases. Is there any plan to improve command-line (/headless) mode of scribus?

thanks,
Berteh.

Scribus 1.5 has -g and -py options to run a script and exit with no user interaction.  It still flashes on the screen, but it does not need user interaction, and it doesn't paint much to the screen if you run setRedraw(False)
Regards, William Bader, Director of Research and Development at SCS, http://www.newspapersystems.com