[scribus-dev] Scribus and Regression Testing

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 12:56:57 UTC 2015

Thanks william and ale.
Xnee, looks much easier than SikuliX to use. ATM SikuliX's is fork of
Sikuli that is still under development. It's screen action recorder (on
OSX) is broken so I'm testing this step by step as you saw in the script
that was built. Testing would go much faster on Linux because of Xnee's
recording capability.

In the meantime, IMO, it would be a good idea to make a list of tests to
check for regressions that could be run after a new build. Starting from
what are the most common issues we can think of.

Whatever ends up being the framework to use, the fact that Scribus looks
different on the different platforms that it runs on means, AFAICT, that we
need to set up regression tests for each platform. Right ?

/Kunda