[scribus-dev] Scribus and Regression Testing

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 06:51:53 UTC 2015

From: scribus.user at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 23:09:47 -0500
To: scribus-dev at lists.scribus.net
Subject: Re: [scribus-dev] Scribus and Regression Testing

There is an open source GUI tester for X11 called Xnee, https://xnee.wordpress.com/ and  http://www.gnu.org/software/xnee/
Hi William, Thanks for the heads-up. Quick question: Help me understand how you can test Scribus in X11 environment?(I'm on OSX).
BTW, here is where I'm recording my progress: https://github.com/scribusproject/scribus/issues/18This way I'm getting more exposure with my attempts and it may encourage others to collaborate.
Cheers,/Kunda

I am not sure if Xnee will work on a Mac.  It might depend on whether the Mac build of Scribus uses X11.
I made a video showing how to use Xnee. https://vimeo.com/134064340
To start recording, I ran
cnee --record -o example.xnr --mouse --keyboard --stop-key Multi_key --time 2 &
and then opened Scribus.  I just opened it and closed it.  All of the mouse and keyboard events are captured to the text file example.xnr.
Then when I have a prompt back, I replay the events with
cnee --replay -f example.xnr --time 2 &

Regards,William