[scribus-dev] GSOC 2015

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Thu Feb 12 19:27:44 UTC 2015

> On 12 Feb 2015, at 20:16, Kunda Loves Scribus <scribus.user at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> GSOC is underway calling to mentoring organizations to register. I was wondering if this year we could submit an application? to make it simple we could just focus on some low maintenance specific needs: (here is my list)
>
> * UI/UX improvements
> * RTL/CJK
> * Relaunch Scribus Website
> * Windows MSI installer (So windows testers can use 1.5svn)

No time on my side for mentoring this year.

> * UI/UX improvements

- too vague, needs clarification

> * RTL/CJK

- too big, but might be possible to reduce scope

> * Relaunch Scribus Website

- we’re supposed to get something on that soon enough.. Christoph?

> * Windows MSI installer (So windows testers can use 1.5svn)

Your reason is incorrect, an MSI is not required for testing, the package we have works fine.

There was something else offered up recently that sounded good too.