[scribus-dev] Stackoverflow question

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:26:48 UTC 2015

>Scripter should use ScCore->usingGUI().
Should the implementation in scriptplugin/cmdmisc.cpp and scriptplugin/scriptplugin.cpp be similar to the implementation of setRedraw?
ScCore->usingGUI() is the getter for ScribusCore::m_UseGUI but is there a setter other than ScribusCore::init()?

On 2 Feb 2015, at 15:16, William Bader <williambader at hotmail.com> wrote:

    >hi kunda,

        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28190568/disable-warning-message-in-scribus

        Can someone answer this (via stackoverflow instead of here)

        > When importing a svg file to the DTP programme "Scribus" it
        shows a warning message (with just one OK-button), that has to
        be confirmed to go on. This stops my Python Script from working.

        >So I need a possibility to either confirm the message or -
        even better - to stop Scribus from showing this message.
        (something like the "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" in Excel
        VBA)

        >A possible solution would be to send an "Enter" command
        using sendkeys, but I don't like that because the command could
        miss the target.

>the question has been answered in the forums:

    > http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1598.msg7069.html#msg7069

> basically, he will need to patch scribus to avoid the dialog. and i
    think that it would be a good idea to patch scribus to not show
    dialogs when running scripts.

>somebody should jump in, since he does not seem to be able to do the
    patch by himself.

If he is using Scribus 1.5, after http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12774 all of the dialogs should go through ScMessageBox, which currently tests ScCore->usingGUI().
Could something expose ScribusCore::m_UseGUI or a new flag to the scripter?
William