[scribus-dev] Please review / merge this patch

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun May 18 10:38:15 UTC 2014

Le 07/05/2014 22:17, Craig Bradney a écrit :

>>> Jean and I are working on this from two directions - both the short cuts for styles and enhancing
>>> shortcut management.
> Those of you who do that can build it yourself with the patch applied locally. We won't merge stuff
> that we know is broken or causes brokenness.
> Yes.. public SVN has any of our changes as we commit them.

I wouldnt say that this patch is broken
just because a careless user can get unwanted (but not destructive) effects with it.
I wouldnt say its broken because if this patch is "broken",
then most of scribus features are broken too.

Even simple features as copy'n'paste could be said to be broken
(see http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11574 and the uploaded screenshot)
and there are many other examples - should we discuss a list ? -
and so, "broken", could even be named the work and decision process itself also
because this patch has first been proposed 30 months ago.

So, please replace "broken" with "not 100% perfect",
it will lead to better description of the situation,
and to better communication with the community.

During these 30 months, core team has coded several "not 100% perfect" features
and has left untouched an even greater quantity of older features
in their "not 100% perfect" state of working/or not-working.

That is not consistent with the refusal of this patch and some other.
There seem to be too strong a reluctancy to merge "foreign" works
/OR/ not enough interest in fixing allready existing features.

That should sanely be refactored/balanced.

JL