[scribus-dev] Bleeding edge OSX build for the people

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Sat May 17 00:04:47 UTC 2014

So, based on an experience I just had of helping someone compile 1.5svn
HEAD on 10.9.2 I was inspired to update the
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus_and_Homebrew page. Taking things
another step further I'm wondering if y'all are ok if I post the following
on the Scribus Users ML:

-------
Are you running OSX 10.8.x or 10.9.x?
Q: Do you want to try the latest bleeding edge Scribus1.5svn?
Are you:
...OK with using the terminal?
...OK with installing xCode?
...OK with installing the OSX Homebrew Package Manager?
...OK with watching your machine compile thingies for a 10-20 minute
duration?
...able to comprehend this is a developmental build and that you need to
backup and duplicate your files just in case unpredictable things happen?
...able to comprehend that you are doing this of your own free will
(whatever you think that is)?
...take responsibility for your decision?

If you accept these terms, then check out
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus_and_Homebrew
------

Cheers,
/Kunda