[scribus-dev] Please review / merge this patch

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Sun May 4 18:08:17 UTC 2014

On 3/05/2014 11:58 am, JLuc wrote:
> Dear scribus devs,
>
> Please find thereafter a patch that brings keyboard shortcuts for styles :
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10289
>
> Could you please have a look at it ?
>
> It has been tested by Pygmee during a book creation
> and i've tested it too.
>
> I hope you are going to merge it because it looks fine and brings efficiency,
> but if you dont want to merge it, can you explain why ?
>
> JLuc

Hi

Right now, Scribus shortcuts do not allow a differentiation between application mode shortcuts or
text mode shortcuts, nor do we set up actions with default keys like a,A,b,B.

So, with this patch, styles can have a shortcut set as 'b', or 'shift b' for example.. which then
stops you typing any more 'b's.

Any thoughts on how to avoid that?

thanks