[scribus-dev] FW: To improve Scribus to be common in Asia and Africa .

Andreas Vox avox at arcor.de
Sun May 4 15:30:51 UTC 2014

Am 04.05.2014 um 00:20 schrieb مصعب الزعبي:

> This is first look to our work ...
> Till I can push them to trunk , I'll prepare for that
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/home:moceap/Scribus?repository=Fedora_20

Hi,

I looked at that and noted several things:
- it's based on 1.4.3 stable, not 1.5 development
- it uses an old version of Harfbuzz
- it uses an ad-hoc method of reordering glyphs after layout which AFAICT looses the link between glyph and character position.

I'm currently working on integrating current Harfbuzz with Scribus 1.5 and would welcome any help with that.
The first thing I'm working on is separating the StoryText from the glyph storage.

If you are interested we can set up a shared git repository for that work.

Best regards,
Andreas