[scribus-dev] Please confirm or comment "2 strokes accented characters cant be typed in"

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:29:55 UTC 2014

> I think the answer may come from seeing what Story Editor does that Edit
> Contents mode doesn't.  I wonder if it could be some need to include a
> Qt file in the declarations?
>
> Greg

storyeditor.cpp has the constructor "SEditor::SEditor(QWidget* parent, ScribusDoc *docc, StoryEditor* parentSE) : QTextEdit(parent)", so the story editor window is a QTextEdit object.
canvasmode_edit.cpp has the constructor "CanvasMode_Edit::CanvasMode_Edit(ScribusView* view) : CanvasMode(view)" and canvasmode.cpp has the constructor "CanvasMode::CanvasMode (ScribusView* view) : QObject()".  The CanvasMode class contains a field "Canvas * const m_canvas", and Canvas is a QWidget.
QTextEdit implements inputMethodEvent(). https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qtextedit.html
I think that the difference is that the story editor is a high level object that is designed to be a text editor while text frames are generic, low level objects.
I suspect that either 1) the story editor is based on an object that supports high level mapping of composed characters, while text frames are based on an object that supports only single keystrokes or 2) text frames need to request inputMethodEvents or to have them passed from the Canvas they contain.
William