[scribus-dev] Please confirm or comment "2 strokes accented characters cant be typed in"

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:51:06 UTC 2014

> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:27:44 +0200
> From: ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
> To: scribus-dev at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: Re: [scribus-dev] Please confirm or comment "2 strokes accented characters cant be typed in"
>
> hi craig,
> >
> > > as far as i can tell, this issue has been around for a very long time...
> >
> > > do i understand it correctly, that nobody in the team can reproduce the issue?
> >
> > Sure, its been like this forever.. every combination means a different thing...
> >

> can *you* reproduce it or not?
> (in a text frame, if you type ` and then a do you get à?)
>
> do you know if anybody in the team can reproduce it?
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

I was curious to try because I have Fedora 20, and I built scribus 1.5 from svn a few months ago, and I am pretty sure that it worked.
I tried a build now, and I got compile errors.  I first tried "svn update", and when the build got errors, I did "make clean".  I noticed that "make clean" left *.o files in some directories: scribus/plugins/xpsexport/CMakeFiles/xpsexplugin.dir/ scribus/plugins/svgexplugin/CMakeFiles/svgexplugin.dir/ scribus/plugins/pixmapexport/CMakeFiles/scribusexportpixmap.dir/ and scribus/plugins/scriptplugin/CMakeFiles/scriptplugin.dir/
I removed them, and the build still got errors, so I removed the entire tree and did a fresh "svn checkout svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus scribus15" but that did not help either.  It still gets errors like the one below. I attached the build log.
/u3/gnu/scribus15/scribus/plugins/scripter/api_imageitem.cpp: In member function 'void ImageAPI::scale(double, double)':/u3/gnu/scribus15/scribus/plugins/scripter/api_imageitem.cpp:117:38: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'class ScribusView'     ScCore->primaryMainWindow()->view->Deselect();                                      ^In file included from /u3/gnu/scribus15/scribus/scribus.h:59:0,                 from /u3/gnu/scribus15/scribus/plugins/scripter/scripterimpl.h:14,                 from /u3/gnu/scribus15/scribus/plugins/scripter/api_imageitem.h:14,                 from /u3/gnu/scribus15/scribus/plugins/scripter/api_imageitem.cpp:7:/u3/gnu/scribus15/scribus/scribusdoc.h:73:7: error: forward declaration of 'class ScribusView' class ScribusView;       ^
William