[scribus-dev] 1.5.0 New Importers

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 06:51:35 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Juni 2014 um 08:31 Uhr
> Von: Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au>
> An: "Scribus Development ML" <scribus-dev at lists.scribus.info>
> Betreff: [scribus-dev] 1.5.0 New Importers
>
> Built 19244 .. and it said;
>
> Building Corel Draw Importer with librevenge
> Building MS-Publisher Importer with librevenge
> Building MS-Visio Importer with librevenge
>

> But now way am I able to load or import a cdr file.
>
> Nor do I see how to import a .doc or docx file.
>
> I will readily admit being clueless and would appreciate any
> pointers as to how these file formats are meant to be "imported"

Hi Owen,

The CDR importer may be a bit shaky at the moment, especially since Scribus is still lacking the fallback option to UniConvertor compared to Inkscape.

In general there are 3 options: 1) Open the file directly 2) Import via File > Get Vector File or 3) Right-click on canvas > Paste File.

As for doc and docx files, these aren't covered by any of those new import libraries.

HTH,

Christoph