[scribus-dev] Git repos

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:21:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 1:48 AM, sarath ms <sarath.ms at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>
> wrote:
>
>> Sarah is referring to the git repos that are sync'd from svn.
>>
>> Yes, I felt it was an important thing to have a git repository alongside
> the primary svn codebase to bring in more contributions.
>

>> Malex, can you help please?
>
> Malex, I can assist you with maintaining the git repo. I can dedicate a
> couple of hours every week if needed.
>
> - Sarath

Sarath,
That is great! Thank you for offering. Good to see someone stepping up to
do this. I was just speaking to a-l-e about this very topic. I wanted to be
involved with syncronizing SVN and github but don't feel like I have the
skill to do it yet. Even though SVN is the repo of choice for the veterans
here and I respect that workflow, I like the idea of making it easy to
collaborate and Github is all about facilitating that. I'm not sure about
the ultimate agenda of Github but that is a different story.

It was encouraging to see Andreas say that he was considering working on
the RTL issue over github to help facilitate outside collaboration. Very
nice.

I also assume Malex is super busy because he has been pretty silent,
especially now that the Bugtracker has anti-spam features again.

Cheers,
/Kunda