[scribus-dev] Is there a way to show the compiled build revision # for a dev build

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Tue Jun 3 18:43:44 UTC 2014

>>> any rationals for this?
>>>
>>> personally, i find the "bump date"s in the logs a bit strange...
>>>
>>> ciao
>>> a.l.e
>> The rationale for this is it prevents uneeded rebuilds in auto
>> builders like OBS  e.g. build.opensuse.org
>>

> ok, i understand!
>
> could the revision number be used in place?

Actually, I don't think we really care about any form of build service. We fix bugs or code as we
need to and have never had one thought to their capacity. Its up to the build service to a) deal
with their own capacity needs and b) deal with our changes.. or any other project's changes, we are
not alone here.

However, the revision is most important. We don't really need the date, but I think it is useful for
releases and its something people who are not developers understand without explanation.