[scribus-dev] cover.py script for perfect bound book cover design is ready.

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Dec 24 11:25:34 UTC 2014

Le 23/12/2014 22:27, Louis Desjardins a écrit :
> Europe uses GSM (grams per square meter) and thus printers seem to use a different formulae to get the spine thickness.

Paper with same 'grammage' (GSM = g/m²) can have different thickness.

According to provided link http://www.graphitec.org/epaisseur.html,
thickness formula for inner pages is :
specialpaperfactor x grammage x nbpage / 2

With "standard papier", specialpaperfactor = 1

With "papier couché", specialpaperfactor goes 0.85 to 1.15
With "papier offset", specialpaperfactor goes 1.05 to 1.25
With "papier bouffant", specialpaperfactor goes from 1.15 to 1.70

JLuc