[scribus-dev] Need help with python script

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Dec 17 18:47:55 UTC 2014

I have taken the script spine.py as a starting
point and am creating a new script which is
intended to create a book cover template. It will
serve the same function as the Perfect Bound
Cover extension of Inkscape. Instead of just
printing out values as the spine.py script does
and my own perl-based online template maker does
it will actually create the page with correct
overall dimensions plus guides for the spine
location etc.

Since I am a USA guy I will be dealing in inches
to the degree possible.

First, is this doable from a python script?

Second, after I have calculated the overall cover
width and height what statements do I need to use
to reset the overall width and height of the
current document. In other words:

??? = W
and
!!! = H

Where ??? and !!! are the addresses of the
appropriate Scribus parameters.

I need a similar address for placing a vertical
guide on the document. There will be several of
these.

If there is a document somewhere that lists all
the pertinent addresses used in Scribus please
point me in that direction.

I am a beginner with Python but I do have some
years of programming under my belt. I can
RTFM.

Your assistance is appreciated!

--
John Culleton