[scribus-dev] Consolidating the term for 'curve'

Vladimir Savic vladimir.firefly.savic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:50:16 UTC 2014

If there is some technical difference that I am unaware of, we should
(IMHO) stick with:
Line -> Line segment (there is a dedicated tool for creation of this type
of objects)
Path -> Bezier curves (including result of "outlining" text, converted
shapes, frames, etc.)

I'd keep:
Outline (or Stroke) -> Text effect accessible from PP

Outline, as presentation of document's objects, should be renamed. I'm not
native speaker, obviously, but changing window's name into Document
Structure or similar would be something that I'd understand immediately. No
strong preferences on into what to change it, to be honest.

We should try enforcing term Path everywhere applicable. Inkscape, Krita
and GIMP already do it. You have an option in Inkscape, when exporting PDF,
to Convert text to paths.

Practically, I'm sending this mail just to remind you I'm still around. ;)

Cheers,
Vlada

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Kunda Loves Scribus <scribus.user at gmail.com