[scribus-dev] Scripter: Your feedback is required

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 11 15:52:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:37 AM, Andreas Vox <avox at arcor.de> wrote:

> Hi Chris!
>

> Currently we use PyQt, which in turn uses SIP. That way we only have to
> register the right QObjects and PyQt does the rest.
>

> If I understand correctly, PySide does something similar?

yup -- though I think it uses its own binding-generation tool, rather than
SIP. Not sure why. IIUC, the primary point of PySide is to provide a LGPL,
rather than GPL set of bindings. As Scribus is GPL (correct?) , then you
might as well stick with PyQT and SIP.

So are you using SIP to wrap the non-QT parts of Scribus? I'd suspect that
would be the way to go in this case, though I've never actually uses SIP....

Sounds like you're in good shape to move this forward.

-Chris

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov