[scribus-dev] to gsoc or not to gsoc?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Mar 18 19:11:23 UTC 2013

hi malex,

> GSoC 2013 mentoring organization application period is now open. The
> applications are due before 12:00PM on the 29th. We could apply if
> there were volunteers to be GSoC mentors this Summer. Let me know if
> anyone's interested. Otherwise, there is no reason for us to apply.

thanks for asking!

personally, i don't think that i will be mentoring...

... and lookign around me, i don't see who could be mentoring...

also i don't see many projects that would fit a GSoC and can't be
defined as "let's finish a previous GSoC".

if gsoc will be, i would prefer if the team would be looking for
students working on specific keys projects (new file format?) rather
than accepting proposition for students that have little chances to be
integrated into scribus in a timely manner.

have a nice evening!
a.l.e