[scribus-dev] Scripter2: How to create page items?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jan 11 09:26:37 UTC 2013

hi greg,
> If I can ever see some description of how to add new commands to
> Scripter 2 that I can understand, I might try to fill in the blanks in
> the missing commands.

as you may know, last sunday i've organized a "new scripter" workshop.

it was fun to finally work with the new scripter and there are some nice
progresses when comparing to the old one!

but i could not ignore the fact that there are too many basic commands
missing.
i had to find my way around the way to create new commands and i think
that i basically could crack it...

i'm taking notes on the process and i will post them in the next few days.
and since the team has not applied the patches with the new commands in
a timely manner, i will have to create a git branch for the improvements
to the scripter...
but, the git branch may have been anyway needed, since other people
promised to contribute some improvements to scritper, too!

so, the git branch is coming this afternoon CET and the how-to probably
during the weekend...

and we should coordinate the effort, so that we don't do any double work...

more about it soon... and ping me if the how-to takes too long...

ciao
a.l.e