[scribus-dev] Question from OIF about new functions added in Scribus and funded by OIF

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Fri Apr 12 13:59:27 UTC 2013

Le 12/04/2013 15:20, Louis Desjardins a écrit :
> Are there some stats available for the development version?
>
> Any input from users so far?

These features are not in the stable version
so it will be difficult to have user feedbacks,
and use statistics are not meaningfull.

Here are my testing feedbacks :

The footnotes are really great. They might benefit of some slight or advanced improvements,
but they work fine and are powerfull and versatile enough allready.

Bullets list are simply great.

Numbered list are great and very versatiles, with lot of powerfull options,
including context dependant options.
The most advanced features of theses numbered list probably need some UI improvements
so as to give a more intuitive access to their quite complex intricacies,
but simple numbered list options are allready very easy to use.

These features are in the 1.5SVN version that is not proposed for wide use.
Very few people use this version except devs and willing testers.

AFAIK, "shortcut for styles" are not in SVN version, bnut in scribus ECE GIT dev branches.
Last time i tested it (and even used it for real work) in ECE14 GIT branch,
"Shortcut for styles" was very handy and improved styling efficiency a lot,
but in my experience, it seemed to sometime do nothing, so it probably needs some debuging.
Maybe this "sometime do nothing" problem has been cured in the ECE15 version.

I have not tested the "export to epub" GIT branch.
I'm not aware of "link tool" enhancements.

Asking on the scribus user list might bring you more user testimonies.

JLuc