[scribus-dev] itemAdd Function for PathText

Sivahari Nandakumar sivaharivkm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 04:19:24 UTC 2012

hi all,

I am not looking for a python script. I am working on the CPP programes. I
found
                   page_item->ContourLine.parseSVG(copat);
                   page_item->PoLine.parseSVG(pat);
functions to do this. I think these functions are enough for my
requirement. I am working on it. I will ping back once it is complete.

--Sivahari

2012/10/22 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>

> On 10/22/2012 07:59 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> > hi sivahari,
> >>
> >> I am new to scribus. I am working in project with scribus where the
> >> scribus saves data in database instead of SLA files. I did this for
> >> scribus documents having both image frame and text frame. Now i want
> >> to save and retrieve the PathTexts and PolyLines to and from database.
> >> I know to add page item in a scribus document using the itemAdd
> >> function in case of textframes and images. For this only we have to
> >> give X,Y Positions and height and width. But for PathText and PolyLine
> >> i dont know how to do that. Please help.
> >
> > the new scripter is being polished by jain...
> >
> > ... in this context it's a bit hard to find somebody who will add new
> > commands for you in the current scripter engine. but you're welcome to
> > give it a try.
> >
> > the way a new command can be added to the current scripter is described
> > in my blog:
> >
> > http://www.graphicslab.org/blog/Enhancing-the-Scribus-Scripter
> >
> > you will have to go through it backwards to find all parts...
> >
> > if you describe what are the commands that you are missing, i'm positive
> > that jain or somebody else will make sure that they will in the new
> > scripter that will be integrated in the future version scribus 1.6.
> >

> There is already the createPolyline() command, and you can see it in
> action in the script about advanced graphing:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Advanced_Graphing
>
> createPolyline() wants a list of points, which in the script were
> created with the append function.
>
> Greg

with warm regards
Sivahari Nandakumar
Appropriate Technology Promotion Society
Eroor, Vyttila 09446582917
http://sivaharicec.blogspot.com