[scribus-dev] Money questions

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Mar 24 15:21:32 UTC 2012

On 03/24/2012 11:10 AM, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Two money questions:
>
> 1. Can you provide asap a rough but close estimate of the sponsoring
> needs for travel to and from Vienna.
>
> 2. What do we do with the plan about gathering money for the Scribus
> Project?
>
> Some comments:
>
> Our only corporate sponsor is Google for 2012. Basically, we're counting
> more and more on the community to gather the necessary budget that will
> allow LGM to sponsor the travel of the devs. For years now, GIMP team is
> counting on the money they gather all year round to sponsor their
> developers at LGM. They ask us nothing and they even offer to help with
> money. What about Scribus? I believe that with over a million download
> per year as a steady number we could try to gather anything from 5 to
> 10K per year (this is not meant as a top  limit, actually!). What do you
> think?

Perhaps we should schedule a meeting in Vienna to discuss this, while
inviting pre-meeting comment from those who are not going to attend.
Although Franz is the godfather of Scribus, and Peter is the docfather,
it doesn't seem we've ever had an administrative consciousness outside
of a bunch of individual opinions.