[scribus-dev] Soft shadows -- Partial implementation

Benjamin Dumke-von der Ehe scribus at benjamin-dumke.de
Thu Mar 15 15:54:42 UTC 2012

I'm not sure you can really create the blur effect using gradients --
that'd have to be tons of gradients going into tons of different
directions. And even if that was practically possible, it fails as
soon as you have an actual (semi-transparent) *image* that you want to
apply the shadow to.

On the other hand the way I implemented it, you can apply blurred
shadows to complex shapes, images, texts etc, and even groups of them.