[scribus-dev] GSoC 2012 application period is opened

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Mar 4 15:09:19 UTC 2012

Le 01/03/2012 18:14, Franz Schmid a écrit :
> Am 01.03.2012 10:04, schrieb JLuc:
>> Le 27/02/2012 20:53, Oleksandr Moskalenko a écrit :
>>> GSoC 2012 organization application period is open now. Scribus Team is
>>> going to apply this year. There are some parts of
>>> the application and supporting documentation that could use help such
>>> as the Ideas page, for instance.
>>>
>>> Please contribute - http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Category:GSOC_2012
>>
>> I contributed with 2 ideas !
>>
>> JLuc
> Hi JLuc
>
> please remove "Inline frame cannot be selected nor edited (
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10215 )" from the list,
> as i'm currently working on that in 1.5.0svn.

Thank you Franz for your reading of these proposals.
I have edited the page and taken that item off the list.
I have also added some introduction and comments on both ideas.

The first of the idea is about coding lots of little features that
- improve usability or cure little bugs
- are easy to code (well : that *seem* to be easy to code).
Other bugreports fitting that frame are wellcome.

The second idea is about a project manager : managing a kind of
"collection = set of documents" or "book = set of chapters" object
made of different SLA files sharing common attributes like styles and masterpages.
It would be very usefull, all the more since scribus cannot handle documents
with too many pages (specially with linked texts and many images AFAIK).
As for now the technical detail of this 2nd idea is not described :
it would be the first part of the GSOC to better define the job to be done.

JLuc