[scribus-dev] should Properties be drawn and quartered?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jun 27 00:42:14 UTC 2012

It's an idea which occurred to me as I was making a text frame that I
intended to create columns in.

What if we had an item in the context menu that said, for example, "Text
Tab", so that if you selected it, up popped a free-floating equivalent
to the Text tab of Properties, with all its settings, and it would stay
open until I closed it? If I selected a different text frame, its
settings applied there.
Similarly, I could bring up a Shape tab by right-clicking a polygon or
shape, an Image tab if I right-clicked an image frame.

This is just some free-form musing about the mess that Properties has
become.
Perhaps the best way to conquer Properties is to draw and quarter it...