[scribus-dev] [Scribus 0010673]: Select on multiple layer

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 5 12:57:43 UTC 2012

hi georg

> > - on the one side, i want to know if somebody has a use for the very
> >  granular solution which has been recently added (there is a new
> >  "select object on layer" checkbox in the layers dialog)
> >
> If you need to work on one layer only, just lock the others. Then you
> can use ctrl+A to select all the elements on the current layer.

if i understood you correctly, i share you opinion!

the problem is that currently the feature is *not* implemented that way!

currently, if you want to select across several layers you have to
activate the setting for each layer.

as already stated in my other mail, since no discussion seems to be
possible on this topic (don't know why...) i will simply prepare a
patch, make a screencast of the result and hope that my code gets
integrated into trunk.

can't do more.

ciao
a.l.e