[scribus-dev] CSS Export Module - First Attempt

Rob Oakes LyX-Devel at oak-tree.us
Tue Jan 31 20:34:09 UTC 2012

Dear Developers,

Attached is my my first attempt at a script which exports the styles in
a Scribus document as CSS. It needs some love and cleaning up, but it works.

I've tested it on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It read the existing
styles in a document, determines which have common styling, and then
writes a (somewhat) well formed CSS sheet. In anticipation of using it
with an epub export, it will also copy the font files to a subfolder
called "fonts" and creates @font-face rules.

I've tried to support most of the settings in the styles dialog. The
only one that it doesn't support is outline, which isn't supported by
the major web browsers or eReading platforms. I'd greatly appreciate any
thoughts that you might have.

To execute it, simply launch the export-css.py script from within
Scribus. The two folders ('cssutils' and 'encutils') are required
modules for the script to work.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes