[scribus-dev] a couple of new scripter commands

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jan 30 17:36:51 UTC 2012

hi greg,

> >> I had thought that maybe this could be another form of Paste, such
> >> as Paste Multiple, with a dialog to select a number of pages, all,
> >> odd, even... As I envision it, it would only paste to the
> >> coordinates of the original, on whatever page(s) you choose.
> >>
> >> The programming for that is quite beyond me. I thought perhaps
> >> that if I dallied a bit in Scripter, I would irritate people
> >> enough to come up with a main canvas solution :-)
> >
> > please take into consideration, that the multiple insert item
> > dialog is very similar to what you are planning...
> >
> > it's maybe easy to plan a merging of the two functions... or at
> > least a sharing of dialog resources...
>
> I haven't heard of multiple insert

... if i recall it correctly you were at the last year's scribus
meeting where i showed this pretty unknown dialog :-)

but i just noticed that it's called "insert > frame"...

and, yes, it inserts multiple new elements, but i have always dreamed
of enhancing it and letting it inherit properties (and why
not content?) from the item currently selected.

and yes (2): it would be a good idea to rename this dialog, most of all
if in the future (as we both hope?) will also allow to duplicate an
item!

ciao
a.l.e