[scribus-dev] a couple of new scripter commands

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jan 30 13:36:29 UTC 2012

On 01/30/2012 06:08 AM, JLuc wrote:

> I'm not script user but as a UI user, i find this funcionnality is very
> usefull.
>
> --> It emulates editable parts in masterpages !
>
> So as to achieave this i use the "multiple duplicate" in the User
> Interface,
> and choose a one page high hop...
> (could you not call this function from you scripter new entries ?)
>
> Please note that so as specify a one page high hop I have to compute how
> high is one page hop :
> with my documents actual settings it seems to be "one page height" +
> 1,41111 cm.

I considered this too, but wow! what a job!

> - It would be very usefull to have a new little button in the multiple
> duplicate dialog,
> close to the "height" input, so as to copy the correct "one page
> vertical hop height" in the dialog
> and avoiding the user to compute or guess this value.

I had thought that maybe this could be another form of Paste, such as
Paste Multiple, with a dialog to select a number of pages, all, odd,
even... As I envision it, it would only paste to the coordinates of the
original, on whatever page(s) you choose.

The programming for that is quite beyond me. I thought perhaps that if I
dallied a bit in Scripter, I would irritate people enough to come up
with a main canvas solution :-)

> - As with grouped objects ou multiple object multiple duplicate, there
> is a concern with the lock status :
> the multiple duplicate (in the UI) doesnt copy the locked status of the
> objects.
> When using this functionnality for emulating editable parts in masterpages,
> it would be usefull to copy the locked status of the objects.
> This is http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10468

I think it should at least be an option. There are Scripter commands
isLocked() and lockObject(), so at least in a script, you could check to
see if the original object is locked, and if so, lock each pasted copy.