[scribus-dev] Scribus Portable

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Tue Jan 17 22:46:15 UTC 2012

On 1/17/12 11:31 PM, Gord Caswell wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> PortableApps,com will be releasing Scribus Portable later today.
> Would it be ok to make an announcement on the scribus-users ML about
> it? I already plan to add the download link on the Scribus download
> wiki page, but making an announcement would probably make some
> scribus users happy. I'm thinking of those asking for a zip file
> recently in particular.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gord Caswell PortableApps.com developer

Sure, go ahead. Feel free to write up some build docs in case we can include this into our release
process.. or just include you into that so the release can be done at the same time.

However, I still have my security hat and work hat on and would never let anyone at work use a USB
key for such stuff.. although the usefulness is obvious.

How do you protect the portable app from corruption/attack? Do you have some form of runtime
checksum or similar?

thanks