[scribus-dev] converting settings from 1.3.3.14 to 1.4.0 on Windows

Gord Caswell ve4jhj+scribus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 04:17:21 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I am the PortableApps.com developer responsible for our Scribus
Portable package, and I've run into an issue in testing upgrading to
1.4.0 from 1.3.3.14:

When upgrading the package, I am renaming .scribus to Scribus, as I
note that has changed, and notice that on the next run of Scribus, the
prefs13.xml and scribus13.rc are not converted to prefs140.xml and
scribus140.rc, but are simply ignored, with default files being
written in their place. If I rename these files accordingly, will this
be sufficient for Scribus itself to upgrade the internals of these two
files, or is there more I need to do?

Thanks,

Gord Caswell
PortableApps.com developer