[scribus-dev] Tentative feature freeze for Scribus 1.5svn

cedric.gemy at gmail.com cedric.gemy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 11:12:56 UTC 2012

great news. I would have been happy with a closer release but the most
important is to have a date in mind.

1. I could make some time to do some tests. Actually and really soon i
can quite easily do some on idml import for i'll have student work
(mostly done in Indesign) and that will we good use cases

2. PDF forms is not so important but i already have work with it so that
i can use my files and try to redo them in scribus

3. I can do some tests with acrobat for new PDF formats

4. As for table, this will be one of the most important new feature,
really usefull for users that don't want to work with several software.
We should put effort on it and see what we want to improve for 1.5 or
later. IMO, the current state of this new tools is already a really good
improvement for users workflow.

5. BarCode generator, may also think of a QRcode generator (code in
Inkscape)

6. As new features, improvements in character styles would be good.
Having them correctly linked in other functionnalities would be nice and
a real tiem saver : odt import, search-replace, story editor...

7. About Scripter 2, ale has already proposed try to migrate some
scripts and see the issues. You message show it's time too. May be we
should do a list of most important scripts to upgrade or which want we
want to add.

8. We should also say on which bugs we should put effort. I've
personnally work on some (mainly
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10702,
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8444) and don't know if they can be
accepted or not. I could try work on other little things too.

9. I think we should do a repository for sample files so that we could
test the same files over several systems, the same files over future
scribus version and check regression on same contexts. Upgrade sample
test files when new features are implemented

10. On some feature i was wondering what have been improved (for exemple
in EPS). Is there a way to find it and put efforts on new things and not
just test without goals and miss the main subject ?