[scribus-dev] Scribus 1.4 brochure

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue Sep 27 07:53:28 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

As some of you already know, I'm slowly recovering from my accident and trying to get my old life back.

Having almost finished the English doc update for 1.4, I tried to do some work on the 1.4 brochure. I'll attach a draft of the cover, page 1 and the last page (which needs some additional content, of course). Note that I changed the font for continuous text from Linux Libertine to Ikarius ADF. Please tell me what you think.

In addition, I need some help from volunteers. Here's what is needed:

Logos in a vector format or as bitmaps with sufficient resolution: GNU, CMake, Podofo, Freetype, Solaris, Nexenta, OS/2, Mac OS X, LittleCMS (at a higher resolution than the one in the attached PDF). Some projects may not have a logo/icon at all, though. I still can't spend enough time on a computer to search for useable files myself, so any help would be appreciated.

As may or may not be apparent from the sample pages, I changed the concept from "fact sheet" to "brochure," so what we need is screenshots, screenshots, screenshots. I can do most of them mself, but I think people who read the PDF should be able to see Scribus "in action" on other platforms than Linux. For that reason, I plan to create a few sample files, which will be collected for output to be sent to those who volunteer to create screenshots on Windows XP and 7, Mac OS X and eComStation. If anyone thinks he has a few minutes in a month or two, please let me know. My guesstimate is that I'll need about 10 screenshots per platform, although I probably won't use all of them. Thus, it won't take more than 30 minutes for volunteers.

As for the previous concept of "fact sheet", this will be served by a table at the end of the file (See the attached spreadsheet with tentative formatting for later import into Scribus; comments are appreciated.).

In other news, I can announce that we have a new volunteer to help with the translation of the updated docs to German. He's a professional translator and has already started working.

Cheers,

Christoph