[scribus-dev] welding feature

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Oct 31 16:07:48 UTC 2011

On 10/31/2011 11:34 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>
>> I think it has promise, but until I see some examples of using it
>> productively, it's hard for me to understand the why of it.
>
> footnotes?

I translate this to saying it has potential. It remains to be seen
whether there is practical utility. If you look, for example, at how TeX
handles footnotes, they're not welded to anything like a frame, but
welded to content in a frame (if we were going to translate the difference).

This having been said, there is more than one way to skin a footnote
(sic). The flexibility of these weldings/unweldings/reweldings will
likely have importance.