[scribus-dev] I think it's time

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Oct 24 15:28:38 UTC 2011

On 10/24/2011 08:51 AM, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> 2011/10/24 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com <mailto:gpittman at iglou.com>>
>
>     On 10/24/2011 02:14 AM, Peter Linnell wrote:
>

>         I think this is also the best option. However, we need someone
>         to step
>         up and help Louis with the admin side which is dealing with
>         paperwork
>         and helping with the accounting.
>
>         Any takers ?
>

>     I can help, though I may need some help with Canadian laws.
>

> Thanks Greg !
>
> The one thing I need is really an day-to-day staff who could deal with
> reimbursements for instance. This must be done during workdays at
> working hours because the bank has certain hours when they actually
> provide their rates and international services and this means I must use
> the most non-free time I have to do this! If I pay someone, reasonable
> salary, for the few hours this takes, it's going to be much much easier.
> In any event, our admin fees will still be near zero because there are
> no real expenses besides those bank fees.
>
> I will clear up some time from the staff I already have and will be able
> to be much more efficient. I wonder why I didn’t think of that sooner!

Great!

I'm still willing to help in whatever way I can.
One thing to consider is the issue of oversight, to avoid later
concerns. Thus we should probably have a "committee" of two or a few,
that reviews the account for errors, discrepancies, and is thus in a
position to underwrite (in a sense) what is going on with the accounts.