[scribus-dev] Edit Contents mode and Properties

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Oct 1 16:57:41 UTC 2011

On 10/01/2011 11:30 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> wonderful idea!
>>>
>>> i wonder why nobody has thought about it, yet!!!!1!!11
>> It was requested AGES ago.
>>

> It was veto'd because the idea really, really sucks when you don't want to edit text properties of a
> text frame, or image properties of an image frame.
>
> Say you are setting up sizes, positions, borders, or colours, and then every time you select a new
> frame, it goes to the somehow "right" tab when it is not at all the right tab for the purpose at
> hand. In a lot of cases, its adding more clicks and more frustration to working.

I think you're misunderstanding. I was only talking about Edit Contents
mode, where yes, you might want to adjust frame position, color, shape,
etc, but why are you in Edit Contents mode?

If you simply select a frame of any type, it's fairly likely that you
might use the X,Y,Z tab, so that's a different situation.