[scribus-dev] Leopard OSX 10.5

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Wed Nov 23 23:14:43 UTC 2011

On 11/21/11 12:01 PM, Stefan wrote:
> very good. I'm using scribus on Lion.
>
> Am 20. November 2011 21:39 schrieb Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au <mailto:cbradney at zip.com.au>>:
>
>     Hi
>
>     Just FYI, I have picked up a 2009 Intel Mac Mini capable of running
>     Leopard. Therefore, I am transferring my dmg build process to it. Once
>     working, I won't be touching Tiger again :). Finally.
>
>     1.4 will be released as a Leopard or higher dmg.
>
>     Craig

I have created a .pkg installer and a dmg from current svn. Both are located at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-tests/

They are based on a Leopard build, with a Carbon-based Qt to avoid bug #9892, and they will use your
local system's Python.

Note, these are tests only. All warnings apply - in the unlikely event that it breaks your system,
it probably needed reinstalling anyway :) . ClamXav reports no viruses.

Note the package installer in the version uploaded will allow installation on the local or external
drives, in the Application folder, and will overwrite (if you let it) any current versions of
Scribus.app.

These are not the final 1.4.0 release, but are built from today's SVN.

Please provide feedback. There will be more versions with refinements to background images, etc etc.

thanks