[scribus-dev] feature of welding page items

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:53:07 UTC 2011

2011/11/1 Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>

> On 11/1/11 5:28 PM, a.l.e wrote:
> > hi

> >> Something that needs to be fixed. :)
> >
> > when you're a hammer everyting looks like a nail...
> >
> > i agree that scribus should improve some tools related to this topic,
> but i'm convinced that there
> > are better ways of solving this problem than making the items on the
> master page editable:
> >
> > - frame styles (planed)
> > - scrapbook (90% there; must be easier to share with a .sla file)
> > - symbols (linked scrapbook elements; implemented in 1.5svn)
> > - multiple insert (90% ok in 1.4; should be possible to build upon the
> selection)
> >
> > ... imo, all them together are better than editable items on the master
> page...
> >

> That won't get fixed in 1.5.0, and I am about to say the rest of the above
> list won't either that is
> not already in 1.5.0svn.
>
> I will be approaching the team to declare a feature freeze on 1.5.0 soon -
> or it will take *forever*
> to stabilise like 1.4.0 has. 1.6.0 will be 5+ years away if 1.5.0 isn't
> locked down soon.

I am ok with most of this statement. However, before locking, we might as
well review the whole thing and see what would be worth introducing into
1.5. But yes, freezing the features so we can move forward at a faster pace
is something I am more than comfortable with. This doesn’t mean the
development is stopped, it means we have a plan to release stable versions
more often. Who would complain? :-)

Louis