[scribus-dev] Possibly some (slightly!) bad news

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:48:03 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Yesterday I had my exam in linear algebra, the first of my two big
exams before summer, and it didn't go well at all. I don't want to be
a pessimist of course, but I'm very much afraid that I flunked it.
Guess I've been focusing too much on the multivar calculus, which is
the exam on Saturday, thinking I had the linear algebra pretty much in
the bag. Or I was just very unlucky with the questions. But in short;
I'll probably have to take the linear algebra exam again.

The reason I bring this up is that the next chance for me to take the
linear algebra exam again is on June 9 already, which is unusual;
usually it's not until the end of the summer. But I really need to
nail this one.

This means that up until June 9, in addition to GSoC, I'll have to
dedicate at least some of my daily brain power to doing maths. I'd say
a couple of hours or so.

But don't worry, I fully intend to start working full time on my GSoC
after the exam on Saturday, just like planned. I'll schedule these few
hours a day I need to spend on making sure I finally pass linear
algebra to early mornings, leaving a full work day + evenings for my
project.

Just thought I should keep you posted, so you know why you won't see
any commits from me in the early morning hours, as then I'll be
inverting matrices and other fun stuff, *shrug* :) Hope I didn't scare
you too much with the subject of this mail.

I contacted my professor and he promised that because of the unusually
short timespan up until the re-exam on June 9, they would have the
results in before the weekend. So by then I'll know for sure.

Regards,
Elvis