[scribus-dev] Preparations for GSoC

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue May 17 18:47:50 UTC 2011

On 05/17/2011 09:01 AM, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> Hello Gregory,
>
> 2011/5/17 Gregory Pittman<gpittman at iglou.com>:

>> spreading over multiple pages? What happens when you add a new row in the
>> middle -- can a subsequent row be bumped to the next page? And for that
>> matter, if automatic growing of cells doesn't happen, then surely editing
>> will cause a table to overlap to the next page.
>

> I'm not quite sure I understand your last sentence though, could you
> clarify? If automatic growing is not happening, why would that imply
> tables overlapping to the next page?

If we make growing a manual operation only (and even with automatic,
manual editing of cell size will still need to happen), I may have a
table that fits nicely on a page, but then I put in an image of a
certain size or add text to a cell which causes the table to now be too big.

If rows or columns can be separated (think of a table on a two-page
spread), then perhaps using features of Align and Distribute to align
the broken off parts to margin(s), guide(s), or other features would be
a good working mode.